Privacy Notice for administrating and processing the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal, Registered Charity Number: 288262.
Bristol City Council is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), which means it determines what your data is used for and why it is collected. The purpose of this privacy notice is to tell you about what information we collect about you when you use our service, how we use that information and who we may share it with.
The contact details of the data controller is: Tracey Bastin, Assistant Business Support Manager, email: Tracey.Bastin@Bristol.gov.uk .
What data we need to collect and the legal basis for processing it:
In order to facilitate process and administer on behalf of the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal Charity, Bristol City Council, the Admin and Business Support Team will:
· Keep a contact mailing list, of all the internal/external professional organisations and teams, who will provide nominations of Children & Young People, to benefit from the charity.
· Send a nomination form (yearly) to the Teams/Organisations on the mailing list.
· Teams/Organisations/Individuals will nominate Children & Young People, who live within the Bristol boundary, to receive financial help via the charity, in line with the guidance notes issued.
· On receipt of the completed nomination form, the ABS Team, will cross check the information for accuracy and duplication.
· If the ABS Team find a duplicate nomination request, we will remove the duplicate entry.
· ABS Team will only issue one set of vouchers per Child/Young Person nominated.
· ABS Team will allocate vouchers and arrange for their collection and distribution from City-Hall, College Green, BRISTOL.
· ABS Team will keep a record of all the voucher numbers allocated to each recipient.
· On collection the ABS Team, will request to see Identification from the person collecting the vouchers. to confirm identity.
· The vouchers will need to be signed for on collection from ABS Team.
· Teams/Organisations are responsible for ensuring that the named recipient receives the vouchers after collection.
· When handing over vouchers to Children/Young People/Family members, Teams/Organisations, must obtain a signature from the named recipient, to evidence that they have handed over the vouchers.
· The ABS Team will provide Teams/Organisation with a signature sheet on collection. Teams/Organisation will need to ensure that Individual sign to confirm they have collect the voucher from them and this is confirmed as receipt of collection.
· The signature sheet will need to be returned to the ABS Team, once all of the vouchers are collected and signatures obtained from appropriate person.
· If a voucher is no longer required by the Team/Organisation, the Team/Organisation should notify the ABS Team, in order that the vouchers can be reallocated.
The reason Bristol City Council ABS Teams, are required to collect and process data is to support the processing and administration of the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal. This enables those Children and Young People of Bristol, who have been nominated to receive financial help, during the Christmas period to receive this help. The financial support given is by way of x2 £20.00 vouchers, one can be used to purchase food and one to purchase clothes/toy/gift. The vouchers can be redeemed at identified supermarkets/stores.
The ABS Team will collect and process nomination forms received from various Internal/External Teams and Organisations and individual requests. The nominations received will contain personal information about children and young people they are nominating.
The ABS Team have clearly stated on the appeal nomination form, that they require all Internal/External Teams/Organisations, to make individuals aware that they are forwarding their personal information to the ABS Team, in order that the team are able to process and administer the funds, on behalf of the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal Charity.
The data that the ABS Teams, will process and hold includes details of the Child or Young Person, i.e. Name, Date of Birth, Address any alias, alongside any unique database identifiers such as Bristol City Council Liquid Logic System (LCS ID).
The ABS Team will also hold details about the referring organisation and team contact information.
The ABS Team, will collect data, as it is in the public interest to process this information and this is with your consent. Please do not submit information to the ABS Team about individuals, if you have not discussed your nomination with the individual concerned or should the individual you are nominating not wish the Bristol City Council, ABS Team, to collect or use the information provided.
How long we will keep your data for:
The ABS Team, will hold information in relation to the Appeal for seven years in line with Bristol City-Council’s, Record Retention policy. After this date the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal Information, will be deleted or archived.
Why we need to collect your data:
The ABS Team will use information for facilitating and administering charitable vouchers on behalf of the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal. (Registered Charity Number: 288262).
Who we share your data with and why:
The data collected will be shared with the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal Charity Committee, when requested and for statistical purposes. This will be to report on the number of vouchers issued and to highlight where the vouchers issued have not been used or encashed. No specific individual data will be shared with the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal Committee, unless there is a valid reason to do so.
Where we have received your data from a third party:
In processing and administering information on behalf of the Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal Charity, the ABS Team will receive information via a third party persons. The information supplied will come via Internal Bristol City Council Teams or External Professional Organisations, i.e. Health Visitors/Midwives, GPs, Voluntary Groups, Children Centres and Schools. The information supplied from Teams and Organisations across Bristol, will help the ABS Team, to administer process and allocate requests for help via Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal Charity. The data that the ABS Teams, will process and hold includes details of Child or Young Person, i.e. Name, Date of Birth, Address any alias, alongside any unique database identifiers such as Bristol City Council Liquid Logic System (LCS ID). The ABS Team will also hold details about the referring organisation and team contact information
Your rights as a data subject:
You have the right to ask for access to your data and where data is found to be inaccurate to have that data corrected. In certain circumstances you have the right to have data held about you erased, or the use of it restricted. You may be able to object to processing and may also have the right to have your data transferred to another data controller.
You also have a right of complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk if you think we have not dealt with your information in a proper manner.
You can ask to see what information we hold about you and have access to it. You can do this by contacting:
Senior Data Protection Officer
Bristol City Council
ICT Commissioning and Information Governance
P O Box 3176
Other questions about the data being processed may also be sent to the above address.
Fraud Prevention and Detection:
Bristol City Council is required by law to protect the public funds it administers. It may share information provided to it with other bodies responsible for auditing, administering public funds, or where undertaking a public function, in order to prevent and detect fraud. For more information visit www.bristol.gov.uk/data-protection-foi/fraud-prevention-and-detection.